Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3/7/12

I’ve been feeling totally devoid of ways to express what my daily life has become since last writing. Ways exist, undoubtedly, but I’ve found some of those seem trite in print. And, I suppose it’s only fair to add that just living life happily seems to take more time than one might think. So, I will fall back on a list. A list! Oh, boy!

1) I think a lot, on a daily basis, about why this country seems to be shifting into more and more deeply entrenched factions and why a lot of that seems to be devoted to waging a war on women and women’s rights.
2) Love. Oh, the things I could say on this topic… It is bigger and more beautiful than I imagined and, yet, simpler at the same time. It’s been interesting to realize that I have a greater capacity for joy than I thought I had. It’s been a joy to see that there are good things inside me that just needed safety and support to appear.
3) Matt! Beautiful, wonderful, kind, funny, brilliant, playful, giving, lovable bookworm Matt!
4) Things are a-brewing with regard to positive career changes.
5) Some days I think I miss having had real parents in my life until I realize I still don’t really know what that means. I miss the munchkins a lot. The pattern of coping with that is mainly to send cards when I can and hope they get those and any birthday or holiday gifts yet. Most days, I wonder if they hate me or miss me.
6) Some knitting going on but slowly. I taught a couple people to knit recently, one of whom lamented her lack of speed at it and I realized that she’s already almost as fast as I am.
7) Mostly, I’m getting a lot of reading done and loving every minute of it. I spend at least one afternoon each weekend with my love at a bookstore, browsing and, occasionally, buying works to feed our mutual addiction.

And, that’s all I have at the moment. PSG draws ever closer and keeps me anticipating a return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment