Saturday, November 14, 2009

33

Yep, one more year! I've tried to plan a birthday get-together a couple times before only to have to scale down or cancel the plans for various reasons. But, this year, I got exactly what I wanted-dinner with as many friends as could make it and a really fun time afterwards having drinks and singing karaoke. I've noticed that lots of people are taking this month to list things that they're grateful for on a daily basis. I try to make note of that myself, just as the day goes by (and my counselor sort of pushes me to come up with something each week anyway). Sometimes it's tougher than others but, reflecting on the past year and last night, I find today's 'thing I'm grateful for' an easy pick. I am utterly, incredibly, grateful for my friends: the people who listen to me bitch, make me laugh, convince me to go ahead and try the dress on, share their desserts, offer blunt advice or a shoulder to lean on, encourage me to dream and remind me when to face reality. I couldn't ask for a better birthday gift and, despite my usual birthday habit of taking stock of where I am in life (aka noticing what needs improvement), I find myself feeling solidly content today and loving this place I find myself in. You all are a big reason for that contentment and I don't know what I'd do without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment