Sunday, September 20, 2009

And now for something completely different.

Pardon the Monty Python reference (perhaps I should put the little registered trademark symbol up there?). Anyway, still feeling pretty bogged down at the moment despite my recognition of the fact that I am in this spot because of my inability (unwillingness?) to let go of the past completely. I did see Melissa the psychic last Saturday who pissed me off a tad with her accuracy and perception of what's going on with me at the moment and, undoubtedly, accurate view of what's at stake if I don't. So, I'm working on that. I really am tired of the whole dating thing since it just feels like a fruitless pursuit tantamount to having to convince someone else of your personal worth.

ANYWAY...

I decided that, in the interests of keeping up blogging and also offering you who read this something more interesting and hopefully more upbeat, I'd start re-reading books that I find significant and sharing them on here. I have a list and might throw in some new reads from time to time but, mostly, I think I'll focus on those books that really shaped me or that I can label 'Great Books.' You can still expect periodic updates, what's going on with my knitting, pictures of the Munchkins. I'm just going to try not to focus so much on this funk that seems to want to stay or at least pop in with more regularity than I care for.

Oh, yeah, if you want the specifics on Melissa/the last reading, I'll share. Just don't want to get into it on here right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment