The idea seems to be out there that I’ve lost my ‘muchness’ these days. I don’t like that floating around in the universe. So, I’m blogging today in a typically random way about some things that I think balance it out.
1) I have the word ‘wish’ on the brain a lot lately. I like it. It seems particularly holiday-ish to me. Of course, I’m also going to blame its persistence on Brandie since she started talking about wish bread for the Yule party she and Chris are hosting at their new home.
2) I also have to say that a new bright spot is in my life. Let’s just call her ‘C’ for now. She makes me grin a lot these days.
3) I’m in the process of narrowing down books to give the Munchkins for their Yule gifts this year. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
4) Almost on the last stage in the latest lace project I’ve been working on and 2/3 of the way done with some rainbow socks for another friend who makes me grin with his silliness and irreverence.
5) I appreciate irreverence more and more these days, btw. Saw a car today with a silver Jesus-fish type shark on it that said ‘lawyer’ inside it. Made me giggle.
6) One thing that I’ve been thinking about a lot is the nature of the universe. I was talking with someone (okay, I admit it, it was C) about the belief that the universe is ultimately benevolent. I’ve heard the idea that everything is chaotic and/or random but I just don’t feel that that’s true. I’ve seen a lot of bad things out there but, deep down, I have a sense that balance and peace are being sought after by whatever higher power exists.
7) I’ve been on a baking kick. Went out to J.C.’s house the other day to make oatmeal raisin cookies and, now, I’m thinking it’s time to start playing with some new cookie recipes for the holiday gatherings coming up. Something with cranberries and dark chocolate, maybe…
8) I dreamt of sunflowers last night. I wonder if I could grow some in the apartment.
9) More teaching applications will be going out soon for spring. I’m so ready for a job where I don’t scan things all day long. Had a potential interview with St. Charles Comm. College but I haven’t heard anything since they contacted me and I confirmed my interest.
10) I went to see the new Harry Potter movie the other night. Best adaptation of the books so far. I cried, I confess.
11) Lacking from my calendar so far is any celebration for New Year’s Eve. If someone is planning something, I meekly request an invite… If not, it may be time for another potluck at my place.
12) It’s time to go dancing again. Anyone else think that? Let me know!