Sunday, June 7, 2009

Super fast week

It seems like the past week has flown by. Work is going well, if a bit dull some days . I'm being taught everything I never wanted to know about radiation and how 'harmless' it actually is, at least in the amounts our department handles. So, that's supposed to eliminate any concerns I have about getting anywhere near the stuff. I can't say I understand everything they're throwing at me, information-wise, but I did pick up some chemistry over the years and at least get some of it. I got my health insurance cards at the end of the week and should be able to get set up with a doctor and a dentist soon which will be a huge relief after all these years of going without.

I finished the front of my sweater and started on the first sleeve. I also am probably going to finish Stina's scarf this week as I'm starting on the last skein for it and I've gotten more yarn to finish that baby blanket for Holly although it's almost certainly going to take a couple more weeks. I'm itching to start something lace-oriented but don't have any ideas, really.

Saturday was great this week, really busy. I worked at the farmers market, had book club and then got to go see Merry Wives of Windsor with Jimmy. I wish I'd had my video camera with me cause the guy who was doing the roaming pre-show comedy basically pounced on him and they rolled around in the grass, cuddling, for a good bit, much to my amusement. I think Shakespeare will never be the same. Gotta love live theater.

Oh, what else... I'm tentatively planning a party for sometime in July. Don't really have a reason, just want to get some people together and watch movies, have pizza, etc. It's going to have to be a 'bring a pillow or something to sit on' party. Probably BYOB, too but, I'll let you all know as it gets closer and I hammer out the details more.

That's it for now-I'm going to go watch Pushing Daisies again and work on my sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment