Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13

So, after writing last night about my father's condition, my mom called me to say that she got the results of her last mammogram back and they want her to have some other, more extensive form of the test done. She goes for that next week and, although I could freak out even further about that, I'm just waiting to see. Chiquita kept telling me I'm stressing too much too soon today but, frankly, I've seen how badly not being prepared in these kinds of situations can turn out and I'm not going to be in that position. There are too many questions and I may end up driving down to Bunker this weekend. Depending on where he is in terms of the disease, we may need to discuss getting him a will, who will make medical decisions if he can't, etc. No, I don't want to be in this position but, as his only child, the responsibility is mine and I'm not going to be the kind of person who turns her back on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment