Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 14

(Someone called my blog philosophical the other day! Made me feel awesome!)

Things that happened today:

I figured out that I need a plan to be able to control what happens with my father and his illness. Partly, that's the result of nearly pushing past the point of what I can handle, stress-wise, and partly, it's due to realizing that I could potentially get handed the entire burden of responsibility for him if I just throw myself into the situation without some careful discussion first. (Yes, Monica and Jimmy, you were right that I should think about putting myself first. Try not to gloat too much, either of you.)

Tough counseling session. Realizations that suck in some ways but at least have cleared some expectations off my plate. Put another way-I'm done trying to get people to change who have no intention of doing so and I'll find what I need with or without you.

And, finally, saw she-who-shall-remain-nameless getting Starbucks two stores down from the Chinese place I had my sights set on for dinner. And, despite immediately driving out of the parking lot, I thought, "Fuck that. I want some damn Chinese food and she's not going to keep me from treating myself to something" and turned around and went back. Mmm...veggie lo mein.

No comments:

Post a Comment