Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 30

I kind of like just numbering these-I'm not so great at thinking up titles. Went and saw Avatar today. I got tired of being the last person on the planet who hadn't seen it. It was really spectacular, especially in 3D. But, despite the fact that it is a really amazing film, I kind of kept thinking about Ferngully (90's cartoon movie). Although, Zoe Saldana as a 10-foot-tall blue creature? Very nice. And, I don't think it hurts people to be reminded of the fact that we don't own the planet and everything on it once every few years. The Pagan in me adored the reverence the Na'vi had for the earth and the connection they nurtured with it. I think, in short, that those who objected to the message can piss off, lol.

Other than that, my day's been nice and quiet. Started on my taxes only to feel in over my head briefly and, then, to realize that I can still handle them on my own. It's just taking a bit more figuring and, possibly, an additional form since I'm now putting money into a retirement savings account. However, I think I'm going to be helping (or doing, if she gets her way) Chi's taxes for her, too. Yes, the English major can also fill out a 1040!

And, the muse (who I'm thinking prefers the name Mia) won't shut up today so I've started a short story. Fiction... that's a different beast entirely than I'm used to. I got a couple pages done at City Diner over a gardenburger despite the distraction of a cute waitress and some guy sitting in the booth behind me chanting, "I used to be a woman. A beautiful woman."

PS-January has not been the best month for me, in terms of feeling grounded at all. Today felt like, with February just around the corner, that I'm getting back to that good place. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment