Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2

I keep thinking about belief today. Well, I suppose I should clarify that-I keep think about spirituality and religious belief. In my life, it's been something that has taken time to develop, to get to a truly comfortable place. And, I've always been a person who believes that the essence of one's spirituality should be both instinctually fitting and the result of careful thought and exploration. I distrust the idea that a spiritual path can be handed down from one generation to the next. I believe it should be earned, explored, studied, carefully considered. I'm happy with Paganism, particularly its emphasis on nature and the belief that we possess the spark of the divine within us, that deity is immanent. And, the comfort I get from having found a path that resonates with the deepest part of me is immeasurable. It's taught me to tune in to me, to the nearly silent truth in my bones. Having said all that, I feel I've hit a plateau over the last 6 months in this area, that I've got a certain amount of complacency that needs shaken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment