Friday, May 15, 2009

Work=even weirder (but in a good way)

Thursday, April 30, 2009

So, I know I didn't blog about this before but, my status on here and facebook pretty much made it clear that I'm getting hired at Wash. U. No more temp status for me! And, originally, the plan was for me to change over from the temp. agency to the university on the first of July with the new fiscal year. That plan suddenly changed today when my supervisor called me into her office about 10 minutes before the end of the day. I absolutely hate it when she does that, especially when she asks me to close the door. It makes me so nervous. And, I know she knows it, at least a little bit. Anyway, she informed me that she had just gotten off the phone with the agency and told them that she'd offered me a permanent position and that they wanted it to start on May 15th! So, that means I get my raise a month and a half earlier, get to start getting the benefits earlier, etc. Setting aside some of my nagging doubts about what they do in terms of research practices, being able to really, truly take care of myself means so much to me and this is the first time I can say that I'm going to be able to do that. It also means that I'm going to be able to make some of the other things I've been dreaming about happen. More on that another time, though.

On another note, I've noticed lots of people moving their blogs lately and, looking at that as a possibility, I may be following suit soon. I'd like a blog that's easier to post pictures to and that might be easily linked to my Ravelry/facebook profiles so that I can communicate with friends I have on those sites that aren't on here. It'd be nice, too, to have my thoughts on knitting, notes on projects, poetry and whatever you want to label my more rambling blogs in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment