Friday, May 15, 2009

Work=weird

Thursday, April 16, 2009

So, yesterday, my supervisor calls me into her office and says that she's noticed that I haven't taken any days off and that she figures this is because I'm paid by the hour. I'm a little confused by this topic-of course I'm not taking time off if I don't have to. I refrained from pointing out that, in fact, I had taken a couple 'me' days that were ostensibly sick days and let her go on. She then tells me that she'd like me to rearrange my hours in an upcoming week so that I don't lose any time but can take a day off. I do, at this point, tell her that I've taken some sick days and then watch her shake her head as if to say that sick days don't count. So, to avoid stressing her any further, I've agreed to take a three day weekend next week. This is probably the weirdest thing that I've been asked to do at a workplace. Well, aside from dressing up like a clown and making balloon animals at Burger King.

No comments:

Post a Comment